Dec. 6, 2018 Resource Recovery Partnership Webinar
Be part of the discussion on the next steps to promote high-value recovery of end-of-life waste resources and all currently non-recyclable materials to move us closer to zero waste.
Webinar: Developing an Advanced Resource Recovery Framework for Canada hosted by Resource Recovery Partnership (RRP)
Date & Time:
Thurs. December 6, 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET (please check start time in your timezone)
Exclusively online by webinar
We encourage you to review two documents in advance of the webinar to facilitate your full participation:
Who should attend:
- Federal, Provincial and Municipal waste management policy-makers staff and elected officials
- Academics in the resources, advanced resource recovery, and energy recovery fields
- Brandowners and producers of consumer products and packaging
- Environmental non-governmental organizations and related association representatives
- Waste management consultants
- Industry leaders in traditional and advanced waste resource management
- All those with an interest in achieving zero waste
To share input from the June 2018 Resource Recovery Partnership Conference (RRPC) June 2018 workshop and ongoing consultation process toward developing a public policy framework for advanced resource recovery and to preview an all-new “Policy Guidance Document and Discussion Paper”.
Free of charge
The RRPC webinar builds on the outcomes of the Resource Recovery Partnership Conference held over a two-day period in June 2018. In this 90-minute webinar, senior representatives of industry, federal and municipal government will address key issues toward the development of a draft policy for an advanced resource recovery framework for Canada that will move us closer to zero waste.
- Chris Lindberg, Head, Circular Economy Unit, Waste Reduction and Management Division at Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Jay Stanford, Director, Environment, Fleet & Solid Waste at City of London
- Joe Hruska, VP Sustainability, Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA)
- Achieving landfill independence by integrating advanced resource recovery options across Canada
- Policy guidance document preview: a prelude to policy development in the context of municipal zero-waste challenges
- Next steps
Final agenda to be posted soon; please check back for more information.
*Written questions and comments will be welcome throughout the proceedings
For those who were not able to attend the June conference, this webinar provides an opportunity to join a leading group of stakeholders from across academia, industry and government sectors to advance the discussion on using all options to manage waste.
For those who participated in the June conference, this webinar is the next phase of the conversation about policy initiatives and their impacts for managing secondary resource materials for a sustainable economy.
- Primer To Developing an Advanced Resource Recovery Framework 2018 (RRPC, June, 2018)
- Additional resources to come